Monday, March 22, 2010

Status Update

For those of you unaware of my current situation (or want to confirm the rumors), yes I am banned from Megaten.

As far as the specifics of everything, I'll divulge all that information in due time. For now all I will say is this, as a warning to every other clan in the game:

Be extremely careful of who you let in your clan.
Aeria is now allowing players to change their IGNs.

This has already proven to cause problems, and should not be allowed under any circumstances. Aeria is obviously blind to issues that something like this can cause. This also directly allows players to violate the Terms of Service:

(c) Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an AGE official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;

In turn, this allows any player to attain a new alias simply stating they have "account issues" allowing them to:

(j) "Stalk" or otherwise harass another;

I'm currently fighting for my account, so far I've managed to gain access to my account once again; I can log in the forums as well as log on other Aeria-hosted games (i.e. Grand Fantasia), but my access to Megaten is prohibited. I have 3 RTs (all with different issues) and a email to the Admin Team all going on 72 hours with no reply. I find it ironic that sending in an RT with a compliment or something positive takes less than 2 hours to reply to, but when it's something that requires actual attention it goes completely ignored. With each passing day I think Aeria runs less like a company, and more like the set where they're filming The Real World: Santa Clara.

Inb4 GMs read my blog before my RTs...

2 comments:

  1. god i know how you feel, i believe it took them a week to reply to my first few RTs and only because I had to practically chase them down ingame, shoutbox, and forums.

    ReplyDelete